Lorre Moore-Parrish is the co-owner of Sheridan White Rock, Inc. located near Sheridan, Arkansas. Sheridan White Rock, Inc. is a second-generation family business that Parrish runs with her sister, Tera Harper. The sisters have been co-owners for the past 14 years.
Sheridan White Rock, Inc. mines a rare, milky white quartz sold for landscaping, epoxy decking and pool plastering. The business has around 40 employees- they mine, size, process and bag specialty aggregates that are shipped nationally.
Parrish grew up in Sheridan, Arkansas learning about her family’s business. She has a law degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law. Parrish practiced law for about 10 years before going into the quarry business with her sister.
- Starting a Rock Quarry: From Start to Finish
- Avoid the Traps that Can Destroy a Family Business
- Facts of Family Business in the USA
- Business Owner Exit Strategies – Jux Law
- Transfer of a Family Business – Financial Literacy
- Gravel and Rock Products Business Plan Example
- Advice for Family that Works Together
- All in the Family: 4 Keys for Working with Relatives
- Tips for Women Breaking into a Male-Dominated Industry